Resources & FAQs
Below is information regarding signage, spirits ordering, ADAs, commonly asked questions and much more!
On-Premises Retailer Licensees
Requirements for 17-Year-Olds to Serve Alcohol
Signs for Your Licensed Premises:
- Age Sign - This sign displays the year of birth a person has to be on a given day to be over the age of 21. It is updated annually to account for the new year.
- Under 21 Penalty Sign - REQUIRED TO BE POSTED BY LICENSEE IN A CONSPICUOUS PLACE UNDER MCL 436.1701(1) - This sign provides a warning of the penalties of selling or serving alcohol to someone under the age of 21.
- Concealed Weapons Sign - This sign can be displayed by an on premises licensee to indicate concealed weapons are prohibited. Posting of this sign is optional under MCL 28.425o(1)(d).
Server Training Requirements - Information on the server training requirements for on premises licensees and where to obtain this training for your employees.
Online Spirit Ordering Information (for Class C, B-Hotel, Club, and G-1 licensees):
- Spirit Ordering Information - General information on spirit ordering through the Authorized Distribution Agents (ADA)
- List of Authorized Distribution Agents (ADA)
- Online Spirit Ordering System - Place your spirits order online via this system
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) Authorization Form for Spirits Purchases by Liquor Licensee
- Spirits Price Book - Check the prices of spirit products available through the ADAs and see new spirit products soon to be available
- How To Read The Spirit Price Book - Descriptions of the different columns listed in the price book.
Tax Requirements for Brewpub licensees:
- Excise Tax Instructions for Brewpub Licensees - Instructions on how to file excise taxes for beer brewed under a Brewpub license.
- Michigan Beer Tax Report - Tax reporting form for reporting and remitting beer taxes to the Commission.
- On-Premises Retailer Spirits Purchase Report (LCC-610)
- Trivia Games on the Premises
- Interpretive Statement as to Charitable Donations
- Alcohol to Go or For Delivery
- Growlers & Growler-Like Containers
- Mandatory Server Training for On-Premises Licensees
- Qualifying Inventory for Off-Premises Licensees with Fuel Pumps
- Successor Tax Liability
MLCC Toll-Free Phone Phone Number: 866-813-0011 (Available Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm)
Financial Management Toll-Free Helpline: 800-701-0513 (Available Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm)
Email Addresses For Assistance:
- For License, Permit, Special License, and License Renewal Questions: LARA-MLCC-Licensing-Information@michigan.gov
- For Enforcement Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Financial Management Division Questions (Taxes, ADA issues): LARA-MLCC-Finance-Information@michigan.gov
- For Hearings and Appeals Questions: MLCCHearingsAppeals@michigan.gov